Monday, February 20, 2012

What is the best way to achieve lowering with great ride quality in my 2000 Honda Civic Ex?

I heard through my research that cheap coilovers and lowering springs cause a very bad and bouncy ride quality. I want to lower my Honda possibly 2 inches, not too low but want to get rid of the ugly gap on a decent set up of 16" rims. I forgot the tire size but it's not a big tire. Any help is greatly appreciated! any thoughts on camber kits, new shock, etc. would be helpfull!What is the best way to achieve lowering with great ride quality in my 2000 Honda Civic Ex?Get good quality of lowering springs if you want to lower your car to ensure good quality ride. Also this will not ruin your camber and suspension. Try TEIN and JAMEX lowering spring for your civic. Hope this help!What is the best way to achieve lowering with great ride quality in my 2000 Honda Civic Ex?I installed coilovers to lower my '99 Accord. The ride is a little more stiff than stock as expected but rides pretty nice. I went with Apex World Sport coilovers and not sure if they still make them for our older cars.What is the best way to achieve lowering with great ride quality in my 2000 Honda Civic Ex?Well, any time you lower a car, especially that much, you are going to sacrifice ride quality. You can't put a shorter spring on the car and keep the same spring rate, or you will bottom out constantly. So, the only way to fix that when you lower a car, is to increase the spring rate, which will give a rougher, stiffer ride, even with matched dampers. If you want to do it right, you will want to go full on...true coilovers (not ground control or the sleeve/spring kind, but high quality ones like a Cusco, JIC, HKS, A'PEXi), camber plates/kits. This will correct the issues with lowering the car, but it will still be a more stiff ride with feeling more bumps, but that's because these coilovers are designed primarily for performance, not for looks, and will perform as such.What is the best way to achieve lowering with great ride quality in my 2000 Honda Civic Ex?
DONT just get some cheap lowering springs. It will make your car ride like sh*t. Get some Dampening adjustable coilovers so you can change how you want to make the car feel. you can go from very stiff to very soft ride quality.
  • virtual earth
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment