Thursday, February 23, 2012

How do I replace the Brakelight cover on my Honda Accord?

So this weekend I backed into a tree and scratched the back bumper and cracked the brakelight cover a little. I don't want to pay someone to replace it for me but I don't know how to get another one or how to do it myself. It's a 2002 Honda Accord LX. If I go down to the local Knechts will they be able to get me a replacement?How do I replace the Brakelight cover on my Honda Accord?Go on Ebay for the cheapest replacement. As far as installing it, that is super easy. Pull the carpeting back from inside the trunk. Remove all of the bulb sockets and the screws holding the lense in. The entire housing should just come right out. Insert the new one and reverse...How do I replace the Brakelight cover on my Honda Accord?The best thing to do is order new tail lights off ebay because they will be cheap from there. In your trunk, just move certain stuff to get to the back of the tail light such as plastic coverings and or the carpet in your trunk. You should see wires going into the back of the tail light. They are made to unplug easy so pull them out. You may have to press it a certain way to unhook it. Then just look for the bolts holding them in and unbolt them and your old taillight should come out.
  • edelbrock
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment