Sunday, February 26, 2012

How important is it to replace bushings on my Honda Civic? What's the cost?

A honda dealer mentioned that my bushings are going bad or need replaced. I've never heard of bushings. What is the purpose of the bushings and about how much does it cost to replace them? My car is not braking differently and I hear no noises.How important is it to replace bushings on my Honda Civic? What's the cost?Depends what bushings they are refering to. All the suspension has rubber bushings to prevent metal on metal rubbing against the body. Most common to go are the rear trailing arm (RTA) Bushings. These are just infront of the rear wheels on the arm connecting the suspension to the body. They can effect tyre wear, and if they collapse will cause the back end to swerve. All this depends on model, miles done and driving conditions. Best to get a independant inspection and go from there. How important is it to replace bushings on my Honda Civic? What's the cost?How many miles and what year is your Civic? I'm getting mine replaced cuz they are cracked after 8 years and 80,000 miles. I knew they were bad a while ago but waited till they cracked to replace em.

No comments:

Post a Comment