Monday, February 20, 2012

I am changing brakes pads on a 2000 Honda Rancher. I have put the pads in correctly but the hub assembly will?

I am changing brakes pads on a 2000 Honda Rancher. I have put the pads in correctly but the hub assembly will not go back on. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.I am changing brakes pads on a 2000 Honda Rancher. I have put the pads in correctly but the hub assembly will?on some disc break calipers, you have to use a tool that has two pins in that rotates with a 3/8's ratchet and turn the piston in as you conpress it. IF this is a drum break, then you would turn auto adjusters in so that the shoes moved inwards until you are able to slide the drum back on.I am changing brakes pads on a 2000 Honda Rancher. I have put the pads in correctly but the hub assembly will?If you mean the caliper won't fit the rotor then you must put the pistons in the caliper back to bottom.I am changing brakes pads on a 2000 Honda Rancher. I have put the pads in correctly but the hub assembly will?u need to take pads back out and push pistons right back into caliper either using the correct tool or a g clamp will do, make sure to take brake fluid reservoir cap off as fluid will be pushed back up brake lines. after u have done this replace pads and caliper should fit over rotor. once all is re assembled pump brake pedal until the brakes feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment