Sunday, January 29, 2012

What is a cheap way to increase power in my Honda?

I have a 94 Honda Civic CX Hatchback. I just put a new used motor in it (another stock motor from a 95) and Id just like to add a little umph to my little car. Any inexpensive ways to do this? Maybe air intake? And what brands should I look into?What is a cheap way to increase power in my Honda?Just go with some simple bolt on power.



A cold air intake (AEM), headers (DC Sports), and full exhaust (5Zigen, Apexi, HKS, Tanabe) will get your engine breathing better and free up a little more horsepower. Intake manifolds arent all that expensive and can make some difference. I really like my Skunk2 but I guess Edlebrock makes some good ones too.



AEM makes a great pulley set for damn near every Honda ever made. Remove your AC and power steering to relieve parasitic load of the engine. AEM makes adustable cam gears too, that are lighter than stock and can be tuned in the future to make more power. Since stock cam tuning is a little on the conservative side.



Upgrading your fuel system is an option too. AEM also makes an excellent fuel rail, fuel filter, and fuel pressure regulator for Hondas. Walbro makes the best fuel pumps out there in my opinion. If you bolt those on you can turn up the fuel pressure a little bit and feed the engine a little more fuel to make a bit more power.



Spark plugs (Bosch) and wires(MSD) are another inexpensive way to get a little more kick too. A new ignition coil(MSD) and ignition control box (MSD) are always options further down the road as well.



But if you dont care about the engine or you have plans in the future to get another then I would just spray the piss out of it with some nitrous(Zex or Nitrous Express) for some extra zip...for now. But if you plan on holding on to this engine...stay away from nitrous.



You could get an ECU reflash (Hondata) but if your lookin for just some more "umph" I would wait to do this until you start getting into the more extensive mods.What is a cheap way to increase power in my Honda?
most people get headers and intake and a muffler to add a lil extra hp on their cars. u should go with that.

Report Abuse

What is a cheap way to increase power in my Honda?it all depends how much power your looking for, right now my car has intake headers exhaust, and its not much of a difference. save up for a swap. depending on the power that you are looking for opens up different paths on which to go by. look at the site below. but if your loooking for very little power change, check out AEM or Injen. short ram intakes and cold air don't really have a difference, both on my car the difference wasn't that noticable, next free up the contrictions on the exhaust, don't find any mockup brands that say greddy style or apexi style exhaust, go to Greddy or Apexi websites. consider also taking off some of the unnecessary pullys on the engine, if you don't use the air conditioning, take it out. another way is more expensive, and dependind what you want, you could build the internals of the engine and throwing boost at it, if you have anymore questions you can Email me
get an intake for it.What is a cheap way to increase power in my Honda?the best thing to do is put it in a tree and buy a new car.What is a cheap way to increase power in my Honda?
A cold-air (not short-ram) intake would help. Look into brands like AEM, Injen, or K%26amp;N -- they are well worth it.
I don't know of any cheap way to do this, the only thing that you can do is open the hood, remove the radiator cap, put it on the ground, back up the Honda. Pull up to the cap with an American made car open the hood, install the Honda radiator cap on the American car, Now what's left of your Honda will have , not only more power, but a lot more PRIDE.What is a cheap way to increase power in my Honda?
lighten up your load - remove all unnecessary weight.
get a AEM cold air intake and some descent headers and exhuast for headers go for DC ether a 4-2-1 or 4-1 your choice and for exhuast go for HKS, GREEDY,etc if you put this in your ride you will be happy. you would spend about 1grand
cheap way not really...sell ur car get an EVO
intake exhaust spark plugs, spark wires and or lightin weight
hey i just did this to a 93 civic and i can tell you exactly what to do.... contact me on messenger radiohead5953@yahoo.com
You can contact your local K%26amp;N Filter dealer. Request for a OEM replacement filter as it just replaces the OEM paper filter, without having to re-install the whole tubing like those of a 'cone' shape filter.



Try the Borch 4 point spark plugs or Denso's Iradium plugs, they give better power.





If you have a bit more budget, you may consider changing the power chip. (check the link)



Good luck and have fun
Don't buy anything, sell the motor and buy an LS/Vtec. It really is the cheapest thing you can do. All that money you spend on the intake, headers, exhaust, so on and so forth will run you more than the swap itself. And you'll get loads of power out of this car, trust me. My friend has it done, nothing special on it and dust S2000's, tegs, Preludes, H22 CRX's. I've seen it. His car is slightly faster than my mazda and my mazda has alot of stuff done to it. So the LS/Vtec is the best way to go IMO.
sell it and look in to Ford Chevy and Dodge with a V8 brands

No comments:

Post a Comment