Sunday, January 29, 2012

Raclette? Switzerland Help please!?

I went skiing to switzerland last week with the Girl guides and i have to do a meeting about it, so any ideas for a Swiss themed night are welcome too! There are about 30 of us, aged 11-16, all female. I want games and craft ideas, or any traditional Swiss things. Our meeting is 2hours long but i only have 1.5 hours to do my things. So I am going to make raclette at my next guide meeting.



I need to know how to make raclette for 30 people, they only need to be a taster size, so maybe a portion between 6? What sort of cheese do i use? I live in England so are there any cheeses here that i can use? It must be fast and easy to make because they will be making it themselves in about 30 mins, but i can cook potatoes etc. at home if needed.Raclette? Switzerland Help please!?
The name Raclette also refers to the type of cheese, so this is what you should be looking for. I believe it is heated in a special oven, and the melted cheese is scraped out of the rind, and served with the potatoes. You'd have to get a lot of cheese to serve 30 people!

No comments:

Post a Comment