Sunday, January 29, 2012

Want to try a Swiss dish?

Hey, I'm from Switzerland. Y'know... that tiny little country near France, Italy and Germany. It's a country famous for its chocolate and swatches. :)



One of my favorite Swiss-french dishes is melted raclette cheese. In french, the verb "racler" means to scrape. So raclette cheese is scraped off once it's melted. My family enjoys it with cornichon pickles.



I'm sure a lot of you have tried swiss (cheese) fondue, right? Well, branch out a little and try raclette.



Happy Holidays!Want to try a Swiss dish?
Huh. I wasn't aware that was a Swiss dish. I've eaten that for years. The first time I had that was at a state fair in SC.

It is nice to know where it came from.



Bright Blessings!
O.k I'll try it but how do you make it?Want to try a Swiss dish?
I've been to Switzerland. Nice country:) Interlaken, Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn.
Raclette is a wonderful dish like so many other Swiss specialties. But whenever i think of my stays in that perfect country, i always remember the killer-tasting pork bratwurst and frites, roestti - Swiss food i missed most. Bon appetite mon ami.Want to try a Swiss dish?
Sounds tasty ... I'll try it 2moro maybe.
Thanks much. I will give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment